Friday, June 1, 2012

What to do?

{fully edited on PicMonkey}
Many of you have used Picnik for your photo editing. If so, you know that Picnik has closed and most of the effects were moved to Google+. This poses a problem if you aren't a Google+ user (like me)! What to do?

Before they closed, Picnik recommended two online editing sites; one of those was PicMonkey. I checked it out and fell in love! PicMonkey was created by former Picnik employees and has many of my favorite Picnik effects (Cross-Process, Eye Bright and Burst, to name a few), and several neat, new effects (including Urbane, Film-Stock and Tranquil). I noticed many Picnik users also wanted the Airbrush effect, which they couldn't find in many other online editing programs, but PicMonkey has that, as well. It's basically a smaller version of Picnik.

A few things I don't like about PicMonkey:
1) they don't have a wide variety of fonts. I mainly use fonts to create graphics (which I don't do very often), so this isn't a huge problem.

{both pictures below were edited on Picnik}


2) they don't have the "before and after" frame...I like seeing how my photo has changed, but since I don't typically save the picture with this frame, it's also not a big deal.

I highly recommend PicMonkey. Though they are still a work-in-progress, I am able to edit my pictures with ease...soon, I might like PicMonkey better than I did Picnik! :)

What online editing program do you use? If you try PicMonkey, let me know how you liked it!


note:: I don't get anything out of writing this post; it's just my thoughts on PicMonkey for your information! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment